Friday, July 16, 2010

Finding the Dress...

Okay so I wont tell you what dress I have, but I can tell you how I found it....


As I said before, my cousin Kate made and appointment for me to just "try on and look" at wedding dresses at Demetrios. We went there and tried on six or seven dresses and only two of them stuck out to me. We put them on the lists of maybes. The lady that was helping me told me that dresses take about six months to make and that I was on time trying on dresses. Whoa! Six months? I always thought you could buy it off the rack or if it was made, it would only take a few weeks! Because of this, I quickly learned about how I needed to start planning my wedding even though it was still a year away.


Originally, I wasnt even going to start planning until six months before the date we picked out, but I am sooo thankful for my cousin bringing me because everything seemed to fall into place shortly after.


I made my second appointement at Marrilee's bridal boutique because I wanted to try on Maggie Sottero gowns I saw in bridal magazines. Kate is a good luck charm because I found my dress the second time around! And wouldnt you know.. it is a Maggie Sottero gown. The lady that helped me was soo amazing because she is the one who recommended me to try it on. Originally, I didnt like how it looked on the rack, and honestly it wasnt my style. But wedding gowns are different. You might see something you absolutely love, but when you try it on, it just looks horrible on you. Well, in my case, this dress wasnt my type at all except that it was made out of taffeta, but when I tried it on, it brought tears to my eyes...and Kate's, and Pat's. lol It was perfect for me. What's even better was that my dress was under the budget I had set and Pat even gave me a discount. Whoo hooo! Now we have extra money to put towards the reception.


Am I lucky or what getting all these great bargains? Ate Kate, if you are reading this, you are awesome and a total good luck charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment