Saturday, July 17, 2010

Another great gift from above...

I think I've been watching waaaay too many Platinum Wedding shows on WE tv because I seem to want it all; the glitz, the glam, and the good food. Unfortunately, I'm a Bride on a budget. I know I cant have the decked out draping around the wall and the spectacular crystal trees, the chivari chairs and even the detailed plates and napkins.




When Mike and I had to sit down to find out what was important to us at the wedding, we both agreed that getting a good photographer was at the top of our list (after getting the perfect venue of course), but the one we wanted cost a lot...we thought about just staying in our budget of 3k for a photographer and videographer and found some decent companies that fit our budget. However, looking through the portfolios, we were not feeling the "it" factor. We wanted our photos to be different, to have our personality shown through an artistic view, to have the moments I wanted captured for me to always remember. After all, if there is anything we have left to take from our big day, its the memories though our photos.




We decided to cut back on some of the other expenses of our wedding in order to get the photographer we wanted. Soon after making this decision, Joshua Albanese Photography called me. He was a photographer we met at a Bridal Expo and his work was indescribable. He has such an amazing knack for capturing the perfect moments, and all of his work looks like in belongs in a fashion magazine! But what I loved most about his work was that it was completely different. It wasn't the traditional cookie cutter type pictures. I could see the passion the couples had for one another in his photos. Joshua isnt scared to go outside the box and I dont think there is one photo I didnt like at all.




Anyway, we made an appointment to see him and he was our first photographer appointment of the week and became our last :) Originally we debated on having as a photographer because of budget reasons. But after deciding to splurge on photography, we were set to find the best. We went in for our consultation and immediately clicked with him. Josh is very very passionate about his work and limits himself to only 20 weddings a year. We liked it because we dont want a burnt out photographer at our wedding, we want someone who wants to be there. He showed us the packages and Mike and I were thrilled to find out the package we wanted soo badly was in our reach. Josh also explained payment options for the upgrades we wanted at zero interest. God really gave us another gift.




We now have the photographer we wanted from the start that we thought we couldnt afford. And we still have money to spend on other things for the wedding. Things really are falling into place for us. I am sooo thankful for everything He has given us. So, thus far, I got my wedding gown at a bargain deal, my venue at a great steal (i am saving some mad cash, thanks Lisa), and my photographer whose package pricing came closer to our budget than we originally expected.




Has God been so gracious to us or what? ;)




Oh yes.. did I mention that I also got a professional wedding consultant for free? I will post about my wonderful friend Connie in my next blog.


Oh yea, one more thing..I raved on and on about what a great photographer Joshua is.. check out his site to see for yourself... I hope to do a trash the dress photoshoot with him.. I just wish there were caves around in Chicago.. lol maybe we can do one at a fake pool cave in wisconsin dells or something. lol.. http://www.joshuaalbanesephotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment